.

Friday, May 3, 2019

Mahasweta Devi, Breast-Giver Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 1000 words

Mahasweta Devi, Breast-Giver - Essay ExampleAnd, there is a proportion among writers who bring these situations and incidents into a written form, using the realistic or fictionalized version of the real life happenings as the base, particularly the injuring or good-for-naught aspects. Mahasweta Devi is one such writer, who has used the culture, events etc prevailing in India, particularly the distressing and disturbing happenings in her fireside state of West Bengal in her flora. So, in this paper I will focus on Mahasweta Devi, her life, her works and what will be the contents of my presumed inter proceeding with her.Mahasweta Devi presently lives in Kolkatta (the new name of Calcutta). Apart from being an accomplished Indian writer, she is also a social worker, involving herself in many an(prenominal) worthwhile causes and thus travels to many parts of West Bengal and throughout India. So, I planned to reach Kolkatta by air and from the airport, based on Devis current work o r location, I will make the trip by roadway or train. Before boarding my flight, I researched about Devi through internet and books, and got a lot of nurture about her life and her works. So, onboard the flight to Kolkatta, based on the information, I set my thought process into action and tried to form the questions I will exact Devi, topics for our conversation etc, etc. As, I want the fundamental interaction with Devi to be smooth, fruitful, engaging and beneficial, I formed certain questions and topics based on the research. Firstly, I plan to ask Devi about her early days in erstwhile East Bengal and whether the partition of India and Pakistan had any impact on her life. Devi was actually born in Dacca, in what is now Bangladesh. Being a Hindu, she and her family moved into West Bengal in India at the time of partition of India and Pakistan. That is, as British gave freedom to India in 1947, they divided mainland India, into India and Pakistan, with Hindu absolute majority areas staying with India and Muslim majority areas going to

No comments:

Post a Comment