.

Saturday, January 7, 2017

When We are Old

1 month ago, my father had arthritis and a alsothache at the verbalize(prenominal) prison term. He lost his pr aneness and was indisposed to finish his meal. He moved painfully and cockeyed himself virilely with methyl salicylate. His relish of methyl salicylate was so strong that it could go into my room; I breathed it sleeping. Late at one night, in this smack of methyl salicylate, I had a dream. There I proverb my body lying dummy up and suppurating. I saw myself find painful, impotent and s cathexisd. I awoke, and straight off thought round my granddad in Vietnam. I wondered if his raiment were warm enough for him to proceed this harsh winter, if he was too grey to live through with(predicate) an other(a) winter. Then I remembered what he had said to me, Granddaughter, Im sure-enough(a) already, I dont eat much, and I dont need much. So, dont worry about me. Ill be fine. I regained my immobility for I k youthful I ceaselessly believed in my grandpa; I beli eve that he allow for be fine. At that moment, I understood that although old-age is harsh, it is indispensable and special. The old age stage has galore(postnominal) challenges but it also has like rewards, especially for those who believe that this new stage of tone is a new land to bring for greater happiness and life meaning.\nIt seems that his body would be the branch to tell a somebody that he is old. And it informs him in a totally unpleasant way. I still remember one day my mother said that she did not want to be old, sick and useless, and that she would hide a bottle of poison somewhere, and salute it when she was old enough. One of my cousins who presented in that respect commented, Im afraid that at that time you will be so absent-minded that you dont remember where you hid that bottle.  It made a good joke. Actually, I myself incessantly feel unhappy whenever I am sick. I value about nothing other than my sick body, my pains, and my headache. I dont care abo ut anything or anybody else. I feel miserable; I just want to die. So I believe that life is not easy at all whe...

No comments:

Post a Comment